It’s here, y’all! Breed of Havoc has (finally!) released.
I had a lot of stuff going on this past year (health issues, the death of my cat, moving, etc) that played a big part in its delay, but I also had to rewrite entire sections of the book a few times. In general, the plots are really intricate and complicated, so I can’t rush what I’m writing. Plus, if you’ve read any of the books, y’all know Jade. She’s difficult. 😉
But it’s finally here! And from now until April 7th, the book will be on sale for a special price of $0.99 because you guys had to wait so long. You guys have been amazingly patient and I felt bad about the wait. I love reading, so I know how waiting feels and I hate that I had to do that. I’m crossing my fingers and toes that Breed 4.0 doesn’t take as long.
It’s live at Amazon, Amazon UK, Amazon CA (as well as the other territories), Barnes & Noble, and Kobo.
I’m in talks with Kobo to get it up there, and Apple just takes longer than everyone else. So, as soon as those links are ready, I’ll add them to the Breed of Havoc page for easy findability. (Jade is a bad influence, y’all!)
How about some random (and maybe fun) book facts?
- Breed of Havoc was the most difficult book I’ve written to date. This is because of the book itself and all the real-life stuff I had to deal with while writing.
- It’s currently the longest in the series, coming in at just under 116,000 words. It’s the second longest book I’ve written, but the longest book I’ve published. (The longest book I’ve written is actually the original adult version of Breed of Innocence.)
- It’s the first in the series with a new blurb format. I had a blurb written before in the original format, but it disappeared and I couldn’t remember what I had. So, new blurbing way!
- I had to cut a bunch of scenes from the book that will probably end up in Breed 4.0, or maybe Breed 5.0. The scenes I had written didn’t fit this book and I realized it was because they happened too soon.
- I wanted this book finished more than anyone else, just because I can’t wait to start Breed 4.0. Seriously, Breed 4.0 is the book I’ve been waiting to write since I started the series.
- I always nickname the books Breed 1.0, 2.0, etc., even though I know the potential titles for the rest of the series. I could totally give you all the titles–and covers!–now, but what fun would that be?
- The last few chapters of the book, the Big Event thing? I did not see that coming! I know the general direction of the series itself, but most book-to-book stuff is unknown to me until I write it.
Again, I’m sorry it took so long to get out, but hopefully the wait was worth it!